The Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites
Welcome to the Western Gateway to Hopi Land!
Experience Comfort, Experience Hospitality, Experience Hopi
Enjoy special rates on overnight accommodations when you book direct – just click on RESERVATIONS and start your Hopi adventure. Call today to reserve your full day tour with one of our certified and experienced Hopi tour guides.
Experience Hopi Tours
Visit the Hopi mesas and experience one of North America’s oldest yet vibrant Native American cultures. Your Experience Hopi Guide will share the heritage of the Hopi as you travel in comfort across the mesas. Tours depart daily from the lobby of the Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites. Settle back in captain’s chair seating with individual LED lighting and air as your Experience Hopi Guide describes the sights and tells you about Hopi heritage on the custom sound system. Chilled bottled water is on board and lunch is included on full day tours.
Experience Hopi Tour Itinerary (Click Here)
- 8:30 a.m. – Meet with your Guide in hotel lobby and enjoy a short discussion on the history of the vision of the elders of the Upper Village of Moenkopi and Experiencing Hopi. We will board the Experience Hopi tour van and depart for Coalmine Canyon, one of the hidden gems of Hopi, and enjoy a brief insight into Hopi pottery – take a selfie! Enjoy the Moenkopi Fields overlook while en route and enjoy some discussion on Hopi agriculture.
- Next we will tour the village of Old Oraibi, the oldest, continuously inhabited settlement in north America. Enjoy a visit to Hopi Arts Trail member Hamana So’oh’s Gallery located in the heart of the village and take a short tour led by your guide followed by a visit to the home workshop of Hopi Arts Trail member and silversmith Duane Tawahongva.
- Lunch at the Hopi Cultural Center
- After lunch we will visit Prophecy Rock, an amazing single Petroglyph with an enchanting story that connects you with the one of the core principles of Hopi life.
- Following your visit to Prophecy Rock your guide will take you to Dawa Park, a natural box canyon with ancient walls covered with thousands of petroglyphs from different eras. Dawa Park is a window back in time, transporting you to the days of the ancients.
- 4pm – Arrive back at the Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites
$145 per person | Seniors 65+ $129 | Kids 12 and under $89 with paid adult
Lunch and bottled water included
Build Your Tour
Customize your Tour to fit your travel plans.
Shop till you drop. Authentic Hopi Arts & Crafts like basketry, pottery, jewelry, kachinas and more.
Hopi Arts Trail
The Hopi Arts Trail is not a literal trail to hike but rather a way for visitors to connect with the wonderful artists and galleries on the Hopi mesas in northern Arizona. The Hopi people have lived in villages on the mesas for over a thousand years and have one of the most uniquely preserved cultures in America. The Arts Trail is an invitation to the world to visit the mesas in a respectful manner, to connect with some of the very finest artists in their galleries and home workshops.