Experience Hopi Today!
Visit the homeland of one of the oldest yet indigenous cultures in North America!
The Hopi people have lived in the American Southwest for countless centuries. Original inhabitants of land areas including present day Arizona, Colorado, & Utah. The Hopi are comprised of many different clans that moved across the north and South American continent before being drawn to Tuwanasavi, the Center of the Universe, the current land base of the Hopi in Arizona. Many of the historic ruins you may have visited in the past are part of this history. Mesa Verde, Canyon De Chelly, Betatkin (It’s ancient puebloan name being Kawestima), Wupatki, and many others are the ancient homes of the Hopi and other pueblo peoples in New Mexico.
Already having long established villages by the time the Spanish arrived in 1540 A.D. the Hopi still refer to the different mesa regions according to the Spanish description, 1st Mesa, 2nd Mesa, and 3rd Mesa. Their Spanish influence can still be seen today through words Hopi use to describe the things they introduced. Hopi people call apples Mansaana (Manzana), and horse Kawayo (Caballo), for example.
Many hidden gems await you! Coalmine Canyon, Dawa Park, artist visits and more!
Book your tour today!
We invite you to Experience Art, Experience Culture, Experience Hopi
Joining an Experience Hopi Tour is easy. Contact the Front Desk at the Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites for reservations and information: 928.283.4500 or Email
There is a minimum of 2 people required to schedule a tour. Standard itinerary reservations must be made by 5pm MST (Arizona Time) 24 hours in advance. To change or cancel your reservation, please call the front desk 48 hours before your tour departure.
Experience Hopi Tour Itinerary (Click Here)
- 8:30 a.m. – Meet with your Guide in hotel lobby and enjoy a short discussion on the history of the vision of the elders of the Upper Village of Moenkopi and Experiencing Hopi. We will board the Experience Hopi tour van and depart for Coalmine Canyon, one of the hidden gems of Hopi, and enjoy a brief insight into Hopi pottery – take a selfie! Enjoy the Moenkopi Fields overlook while en route and enjoy some discussion on Hopi agriculture.
- Next we will tour the village of Old Oraibi, the oldest, continuously inhabited settlement in north America. Enjoy a visit to Hopi Arts Trail member Hamana So’oh’s Gallery located in the heart of the village and take a short tour led by your guide followed by a visit to the home workshop of Hopi Arts Trail member and silversmith Duane Tawahongva.
- Lunch at the Hopi Cultural Center
- After lunch we will visit Prophecy Rock, an amazing single Petroglyph with an enchanting story that connects you with the one of the core principles of Hopi life.
- Following your visit to Prophecy Rock your guide will take you to Dawa Park, a natural box canyon with ancient walls covered with thousands of petroglyphs from different eras. Dawa Park is a window back in time, transporting you to the days of the ancients.
- 4pm – Arrive back at the Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites
$145 per person | Seniors 65+ $129 | Kids 12 and under $89 with paid adult
Lunch and bottled water included
Build Your Tour
Customize your Tour to fit your travel plans.
Shop till you drop. Authentic Hopi Arts & Crafts like basketry, pottery, jewelry, kachinas and more.
In addition to the knowledge they have been raised with as Hopi people, all Experience Hopi Tour guides undergo cultural awareness training of Hopi history and cultural sites with noted Hopi Anthropologist Micah Loma’omvaya and are authorized by the Hopi Tribe.
Please read our Health & Safety Guidelines
WE ARE 100% COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING OUR EMPLOYEES AND GUESTS
Operational Procedures for the Temporary Normal
As we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times, we want to assure you Experience Hopi Tours is dedicated to maintaining a safe work environment. Your health, as well as our guests’, is our top priority. Rest assured; we are all in this together! Should you have any questions or concerns about the below guidelines, please feel free to contact us here.
- All guides must notify Experience Hopi Tour manager f if they are feeling under the weather, even if mild
- Guides will be required to make sure that their vehicle is stocked with hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and face masks
- All guides will be able to refer and understand current CDC and FDA guidelines for Covid-19. This requires an understanding of how to spot Covid-19 symptoms and how to properly deal with the situation should it arise
- Guide to greet guests at hotel with safe distance in mind
- When guides are giving commentary over the speaker system, they are required to wear a mask.
- When guests are not in the vehicle, i.e. exploring the parks or taking part in a 3rd party activity, the guide will wipe down seats, door handles, or any other hard surfaces the guest may have touched. Not only is this a safe practice, but it demonstrates to the guest their health as well as yours, is a top priority throughout the day
In the Event of a Positive Covid-19 Case
- In the event an Experience Hopi Tour staff member testing positive for Covid-19, all necessary precautions will be implemented
- Experience Hopi Tours is responsible to immediately notify local health officials should an employee test positive for Covid-19
- All vehicles and affected areas will be cleaned with OSHA and CDC recommended disinfectants
- The infected staff member will be required to stay home for a period of no shorter than 14 days and until all symptoms have receded
- If any other Experience Hopi Tour staff has been in contact with infected employee, we will require them to self-isolate for a period of 14 days
- Experience Hopi Tours will continue to monitor the health of exposed employees and determine when it is safe for them to return to the office or out guiding in the field
Are You Ready for your Hopi Experience! Please Contact Us Online,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 928-283-4500.